March 27, 2013

Recipe for raspberry & coconut tarts!

I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes with you today - Raspberry and coconut tarts. They are so easy to make and they are so incredibly delicious hot out of the oven!

Get a bowl out, and gather what you will need to mix them up. I used my Kitchenaid mixer, but a hand mixer or a good old wooden spoon will work just as well.

Ingredients:

* 2 eggs
* 3/4 C. sugar
* 1 tsp cornstarch
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 C. margarine, melted
* 1 Tbsp lemon juice
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 C. coconut

* 18 frozen regular size tart shells 
* Jam of your choice

Mix all ingredients together and set aside. Preheat oven to 375.

Next scoop a small amount of your favorite kind of jam (I chose raspberry) into each tart shell lined on a baking sheet.

All you do now is scoop one heaping tablespoon of the coconut  mixture on top of the jam and pop those tarts in the oven! Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown! This recipe makes 18 tarts.

Enjoy!
xo, Erin

18 comments:

  1. So cute! They look super tasty Erin :)
    xx Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo!!! These are adorable! I love that they are so mini!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks delicious! I love the surprising combo of flavors, and anything mini, especially mini pies/ tarts are fine by mee;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!! These sound super scrumptious! AND really cute <3 =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so delicious! Looks amazing (: I'm gonna give it a try on the kitchen! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are going to go straight to my butt and I am going to love every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks delicious!
    And I really love the style of the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These would be a great on the go snack.

    Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks easy to do, and so yummy...

    http://ristlicious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these for easter and many people wanted the recipe, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge hit at Ladies Senior's Tea.
    thanks a bunch,

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are awesome. I used peach daquari jam in some and raspberry in others. They were loved all around. Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are fantastic! this recipe makes about 22 mini tarts (fyi) and they are even better with a little lemon zest, about 2 tsp.....thanks for the great and EASY recipe :):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you use sweetened coconut?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your recipe is exactly the same as a recipe of my mothers that I have made for many years. They are so easy to make and so delicious.

    ReplyDelete