December 5, 2013

Mulled apple cider recipe.

As temperatures continually drop, and snow keeps piling up, we are finding ways to stay warm, and this recipe for mulled apple cider is just the ticket! It's such a simple recipe and it makes your house smell like Christmas which is an added bonus!
All you need:

4 Cups of apple juice
1/4 Cup of brown sugar
5 cinnamon sticks
1 fuji apple
1 orange
1" sliced ginger
2 slices of lemon
1 Tbsp whole cloves
1 tsp ground allspice

Instructions:

Slice up the orange, apple and lemon and add to a pot with all of the other ingredients. Bring to a boil and then turn down the temperature and simmer for 25 minutes.
Next strain it into a second pot and let it cool a bit.
That's it! Easy peasy right?

The best part? It's even better if you add bourbon!

We will be posting a simple DIY gift idea using this recipe in the next two weeks, so keep an eye out!

Enjoy!
xo, Erin

6 comments:

  1. Mmm this looks sooo good, I can almost smell it :) Definitely need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE mulled cider, and this looks totally delicious. Anything that makes my house smell like christmas is okay with me! Also, your gold pine cones are so pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love mulled cider. It's so tasty!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds and looks delicious so I will be making some of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mulled cider! I've always bought pre-made packages before. Can't wait to try this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete