August 21, 2014

In the boudoir.

Alright, so we moved into our house just over a year ago now and I am embarrassed to admit that we still had not even unpacked the spare bedroom. It was basically just used as a glorified "storage room" where we would toss random things that didn't have specific homes and it didn't take long before it started spiraling out of control into one big mess. However, a week ago we decided that enough is enough and we finally got our act together and cleaned it out! I did a mini makeover of the room, and it's not nearly done yet, but here is a little sneak peek of how it's coming along:
 
We found a vintage wrought iron bed frame on Kijiji and I immediately fell in love with this coral and grey striped bedding from Target the second I laid eyes on it, so we are basing the decor of the room around those things. We gave a few feature walls a coat of mint-colored paint that I think really accentuates the color of the bedding.  The room isn't quite done yet, so I will be sharing some more photos later on, but for now here are a few inspiration photos that I have been liking:

What an incredible headboard, I have never seen anything quite like that! I'm also a huge fan of the bedside greenery.

Yes! Bold pops of coral! Cute idea to have the color of the bedspread carry out onto the wall art too.

I'm really loving this cozy New York loft space, especially the warm lighting clustered in the corner. I am thinking about how I can incorporate something similar into my spare bedroom.

Why is everything better with exposed brick? I am also really into the mint accent color. (Who's surprised?)

More photos to come! 
Xo, Stef

12 comments:

  1. Loving all the inspiration pictures! I love the idea of having accent colours in a room and having very basic or neutral colours on the walls/floors. I shared a bedroom inspiration post over on my blog yesterday, so if you're looking for more inspiration you could have a read!
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it's coming a long really well :). I love that wall color!

    Tamara
    www.trulytamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. these bedrooms are so so lovely :) love all the coral and mint!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo is soooo gorgeous!

    xo
    http://www.iolablog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! That iron bed frame is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love exposed brick too!!
    I'm already liking your spare room, please show us when it's finished!!

    Ester :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Decorating is probably my biggest creative weakness - I'm so bad at spacial organizing! I love looking at all of these really lovely spaces, and trying to get inspired for my own space!

    <3 dani
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh. See, I'm with you in the seeking-inspiration stage. I haven't a house of my own yet, so no decorating.
    But!

    I can dream, yes?

    I also love the color-block and vintage bed you have going on. Some sort of raw, rough texture (like the brick in the last photo) would go soooo nicely with it.
    Heavens, though. You're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adoro la última habitación!!!!!
    Esa pared es fantástica!!!

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your house and the wall color is really nice.

    www.thepropertybuyers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete