May 4, 2015

One eighty.

Part of the reason things have been a lot quieter over at these parts in the past year is because it's been a really really hard year.  I have shared a little bit about my separation a year ago, but I have chosen to mostly keep my private life just that, private. I have now been separated for 13 months and the paperwork for my divorce is going through. My ex Derek and I are on amicable terms but that doesn't mean it's been an easy road for either of us. There has been a lot of hurt and sadness on both ends, and not just for us, but it's also been extremely difficult on both of our families.

That said, things have been changing drastically again for me lately as I start a new chapter with a wonderful man named Gareth. We have been dating for a little while now, and after this last weekend I had, it's safe to say that I am smitten. He too is going through a separation and has two beautiful little girls who I have yet to spend time with (although I have known them for years).  He makes me feel like a kid again and I thought it was time I introduced you...
Meet Gareth: The amazing man who has turned my life upside down in the best way possible. I could get really sappy and list one hundred reasons as to why I think he's so incredible, but i'll save that for a different blog post ;) Just trust me when I say I feel lighter and happier than I have...well, ever. I feel like my cheeks hurt from the amount that I smile these days, even now as I type this I can feel myself grinning like an idiot to my computer. It's nice to be genuinely happy, and feel like you can fully be yourself with someone. I wouldn't give this feeling up for anything.
Floating. (Insert all the heart eye emojis.)

Spent a good chunk of time skipping stones, and throwing rocks up in the air and trying to hit them (the jock in me still exists!)

We went for a walk to the grocery store to get some milk for the morning, and came across this adorable little pooch! Her name is Willie and I need one. Soon.

Gahhhh, look at that long, tiny body and dopey face! 

Bbq steak, potato and mushroom skewers for dinner.

Butter pecan for him & black cherry for me. We ate our cones and stood under the awning just barely avoiding the torrential downpour that appeared out of nowhere.

I napped the entire ride home while he listened to a podcast about calendars and leap years.
We finished the night off with fresh rhubarb crisp followed by "The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared."

In other exciting news, I move out of the studio and into my new home in a just under two weeks! You can't even imagine how excited I am to have a home with a bathtub and a stove and closet space!  More updates to come, until then, i'll be packing.

Happy Monday everyone!
XO, Erin

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're surviving - I also recently went through separation and divorce. It can feel alienating and disappointing and rough, but I promise there's life after. Looks like your finding it just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I have been separated for almost six months now and have a 5 year old daughter. My ex and I are still friends, which is good and bad, depending on the day. Honestly, this post made me smile and feel hopeful, that the happiness and joy in my life is not over. Your joy and happiness comes through so vividly in your pictures and words. Thank you for making me smile and continued happiness and joy to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all the happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you. Congratulations on your newfound happiness and lightness 😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so radiant these days and it becomes your true beauty. Way to claw your way through the dark sister. I admire the fierce fighter in you. Always have and always will look up to you. Thanks for inspiring me and so many others. Love you dearly, Megs

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah, congratulations! thanks for sharing your happiness :)
    Flower or Crepe?
    tasha
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for happiness <3

    www.ohmissjackie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your separation and divorce. I went through this with my parents, and my sister has just recently separated from her husband. You are not alone and you have support!

    Your new man and you look so cute, though! Best of wishes to you!

    http://www.demosthynes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see your life on the upswing. Right on for new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's never going to be easy, getting a divorce and fraying ties which you have built with somebody. But it’s great that you have found someone to start anew. And it’s good that you are settling the terms of this divorce properly through papers and proceedings. You shouldn't put yourself through a new situation without your rights being secured. Anyway, good luck with everything. Have a good day!

    Sandra Walker @ Eric Risk

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a beautiful blog! Such gorgeous pictures <3

    www.shewasnothingbuttrouble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete