June 11, 2012

Popsicle stick herb garden labels!

Stef and I both recently planted our herb gardens, and I found the standard labels to be down right boring once I re-planted them into cute pots! So I thought why not jazz some popsicle sticks up for a super fast and really easy DIY to show you guys?! Hope you like it! Happy Monday!
Craft paint in whatever colors you like, including white for the letters.
Paint brush.
A couple of toothpicks.
Popsicle sticks (we found wider ones at Michaels-our local craft store).
All you do is pick a pattern and brush it on! Easy peasy right? Don't forget to paint the back as well!
Next, use your toothpick and dip it in white paint and simply write on your herb names! 
Slow and steady wins the race! If you make a mistake, simply paint over it!
Let it dry for a bit...
...And then pop them in the dirt!
Here's my finished product!

20 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I may label some plants that don't need labeling!

    ♥Sarah♥
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin and Stefanie,

    I love your blog and am an instagram follower. I have nominated you for "one lovely blog award" on my blog. Here's the link:

    http://bulbtoblossom.com/2012/06/11/one-lovely-blog-award/

    best,
    renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute idea! its always nice to know what you've planted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, this beats my map of my herb garden I made... Thanks for sharing!

    Kim

    http://loopsoflavender.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a brilliant idea. Your blog make me want to plan to plant a lavender but still lack of gardening skill.
    3lin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so totally cute.


    Christen
    http://www.anunordinaryhello.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so freakin cute! i would do this ASAP...if i had a garden :( one day though!

    xxo em

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your herb garden labels. I've also made similar ones using popsicle sticks and chalkboard paint. Your colorful version is so much cuter though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. those pots are just too adorable!

    meghan
    alionheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute idea! i might have to make this a project for me and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg they're so cuteee ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are too sweet. We plan to start our own herb garden in the spring! I've included them n my craft stick project roundup here: http://productivewahm.com/26-craft-stick-projects-for-every-letter-of-the-alphabet/

    ReplyDelete